The Gallery at FOUND is an intimate art space located in our lobby. The gallery showcases works of local artists who utilize found imagery, found objects or employ an up-cycling philosophy in their work. Shows change monthly. Please contact Bill Hastings ([email protected]) if you are interested in submitting work for review.
Our Current Exhibit
Hope you’ll join us for a fabulous new show by mixed-media artists Jane Pompilio George and Loretta Louviere!
Birds of a Feather: Avian Art, opens Wednesday, November 5th and will be installed in the Gallery through Sunday, November 30th. An opening reception will be held on Thursday, November 6 from 4-6 PM.
Longtime friends Loretta and Jane are joining forces for this show to feature their many wonderful bird-related pieces. In some cases well known adages have been illustrated to inspire the creations.
Both women work with collage, often embellishing the surfaces with glued, drawn and painted areas. Their techniques of collecting and recycling images by cutting, pasting and layering textures and then adding drawn and painted elements all provide an avenue for even an even greater experimental and process-driven results.
The more spontaneous nature of this medium and approach allows them freedom to manipulate their designs, while still enjoying the happenstance qualities that evolve.
Loretta’s work focuses on images of chickens. Her fanciful fowl live in a whimsical and colorful world. Take a ‘peep’ at some of Loretta’s imaginative friends by visiting her blog.
Jane’s work features some of her favorite birds who frequent her backyard feeders. Her pieces can be purchased as prints or 5×7” cards. Proceeds from the sale of her cards cards will be donated to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
Hope to see you there!
It’s time for our annual holiday art show GIFTED!! GIFTED features the work of our amazingly creative FOUND dealers!! For this show all items are created using an up-cycle/re-cycle ethic with many pieces made from antique and vintage components. The show opens on Wednesday, December 4th. Please join us for an opening reception on Thursday, […]
2014 Artist Roster
GIFTED, An Annual Holiday Show December 3-January 4
- The Art of Cartography - September 2014
- Paul Colucci: Sculptural Objects - July 2014
- IRON MADE: Metal work by Durand Van Doren - June 2014
- Mark Reep: Dreams In Black & White - May 2014
- Alice Gant: My Art’s an Open Book - April 2014
- Tim Wells: Emerging From Winter - March 2014
- Mary Michael Shelley: Painted Woodcarvings, Carving out a Life - February 2014
- The Marriage of Art & Craft: Jewelry Boxes & Mixed Media Paintings by Trina and Jim Bruno - February 2014
- Bonnie Bell ~ Frozen in Time - December 2013
- Once More With Feeling ~ Painted book covers and other works by Jim Garmhausen - October 2013
- Jason Cooper King: Past Sense - September 2013
- Randi Millman-Brown and Keith Millman ~ WATER VIEWS: Historic Images of Ithaca in 3D - August 2013
- Kathy Bruce: MELANCHOLIA - July 2013
- Wolff & Nagel: Studio Furniture Inspired by 19th & 20th Century Design - June 2013
- Elizabeth Tilley: Shipwrecked, Rescued & Ready to Rumba: A Sea Change - May 2013
- TWEEN: Works by Mara Baldwin - April 2013
- Cabinets and Sculpture by Jane Dennis: “Clothing On Adventure” - March 2013
- Keith Traub & Theresa Daddona-Traub ~ Unite Two Design/UTD: Farmpunk Fabrication - February 2013
- Deborah Jones ~ The Barn Story: A Graphic Memoir - January 2013
- Gifted ~ A New Holiday Tradition! - December 2012
- Peter Walz, Furniture Craftsman ~ New Work in Exotic and Domestic Species - November 2012
- Roy McCarthy: Atmospheric Graffiti - October 2012
- Linna Dolph: Once The Holes Are Filled… - September 2012
- Oiseaux Sisters ~ Making Objects, Marking Time - August 2012
- 2nd Annual Vintage Paint by Number Show! - July 2012
- Laurie Hanley Raba: My Mother’s Jewels - June 2012
- Mary Anderson: STORYTELLER - May 2012
- Donna Faivre-Roberts: Wisdom of the Wood - April 2012
- Nancy Boyce: Re-Pop - March 2012
- Dee Sprague: Whimsical Old World Animals Painted on Antiques - February 2012
- Nancy Ridenour ~ Cornell Sculpture Garden: Cement Sculpture Abstracts - January 2012
- Anesti Zakos: The Myths of Gulliver - December 2011
- Jon Reis: Road Trip, Amazing Photos of Unseen America - November 2011
- Bill Hastings: HARBINGERS - October 2011
- CARLA STETSON: Ornithography - September 2011
- Mary Reynolds – SHAPESHIFTERS: Transitioning from an old life to a new purpose - August 2011