The Gallery at FOUND is an intimate art space located in our lobby. The gallery showcases works of local artists who utilize found imagery, found objects or employ an up-cycling philosophy in their work. Shows change monthly. Please contact Bill Hastings ([email protected]) if you are interested in submitting work for review.
Our Current Exhibit
The Gallery @ FOUND is honored to present Maryrose Savino in a new show titled Abstract Spontaneity.
Abstract Spontaneity opens Wednesday, April 29th and will hang in the Gallery through Sunday, May 31st.
An opening reception is scheduled for Thursday, May 7th from 4-6pm. Hope you’ll join us for tasty treats, delicious conversation and delectable new art!
Maryrose has always looked at abstract art in a symmetrical way. Perhaps from a compulsive tendency to make all objects match and balance out. Influenced by Mark Rothko, Kandinsky and Louise Nevelson, she started seeing geometric forms unbalanced and a freedom and departure from an otherwise orderly mindset.
Her inspiration comes from a life long love of the decorative arts, working in glass art and her hens. Maryrose works fast and never spends too much time worrying about a piece. If it’s not right, she moves on and in many instances, some happy mistakes often turn out to be her best work.
When she’s not painting, Maryrose is the innkeeper at Bostwick House Bed and Breakfast. She is also known as FOUND Dealer 007. We’re thrilled to host her beautiful show and hope you’ll make plans to see stop by and see it!
The Gallery@FOUND is pleased to welcome painter, Kari Ganoung Ruiz to the Gallery for the month of June. Kari was raised at the edge of The Finger Lakes National Forest – which set the stage for her deep connection to the natural landscape. After earning a B.S. in Fine Art from Ashland University in Ohio, […]
2014 Artist Roster
GIFTED, An Annual Holiday Show December 3-January 4
- Patti Witten ~ First and Last Light in Freeville: The landscape seen from one place - March 2015
- Jackie Dickinson: Last Call - February 2015
- New Year’s Revolution: A series of rotating paintings in acrylic by Nance Boyce - January 2015
- GIFTED ~ An annual holiday show featuring work of FOUND dealers! - November 2014
- Jane Pompilio George & Loretta Louviere: Birds of a Feather - November 2014
- The Art of Cartography - September 2014
- Paul Colucci: Sculptural Objects - July 2014
- IRON MADE: Metal work by Durand Van Doren - June 2014
- Mark Reep: Dreams In Black & White - May 2014
- Alice Gant: My Art’s an Open Book - April 2014
- Tim Wells: Emerging From Winter - March 2014
- Mary Michael Shelley: Painted Woodcarvings, Carving out a Life - February 2014
- The Marriage of Art & Craft: Jewelry Boxes & Mixed Media Paintings by Trina and Jim Bruno - February 2014
- Bonnie Bell ~ Frozen in Time - December 2013
- Once More With Feeling ~ Painted book covers and other works by Jim Garmhausen - October 2013
- Jason Cooper King: Past Sense - September 2013
- Randi Millman-Brown and Keith Millman ~ WATER VIEWS: Historic Images of Ithaca in 3D - August 2013
- Kathy Bruce: MELANCHOLIA - July 2013
- Wolff & Nagel: Studio Furniture Inspired by 19th & 20th Century Design - June 2013
- Elizabeth Tilley: Shipwrecked, Rescued & Ready to Rumba: A Sea Change - May 2013
- TWEEN: Works by Mara Baldwin - April 2013
- Cabinets and Sculpture by Jane Dennis: “Clothing On Adventure” - March 2013
- Keith Traub & Theresa Daddona-Traub ~ Unite Two Design/UTD: Farmpunk Fabrication - February 2013
- Deborah Jones ~ The Barn Story: A Graphic Memoir - January 2013
- Gifted ~ A New Holiday Tradition! - December 2012
- Peter Walz, Furniture Craftsman ~ New Work in Exotic and Domestic Species - November 2012
- Roy McCarthy: Atmospheric Graffiti - October 2012
- Linna Dolph: Once The Holes Are Filled… - September 2012
- Oiseaux Sisters ~ Making Objects, Marking Time - August 2012
- 2nd Annual Vintage Paint by Number Show! - July 2012
- Laurie Hanley Raba: My Mother’s Jewels - June 2012
- Mary Anderson: STORYTELLER - May 2012
- Donna Faivre-Roberts: Wisdom of the Wood - April 2012
- Nancy Boyce: Re-Pop - March 2012
- Dee Sprague: Whimsical Old World Animals Painted on Antiques - February 2012
- Nancy Ridenour ~ Cornell Sculpture Garden: Cement Sculpture Abstracts - January 2012